As part of the process over at this thread I have made some minimal RACHEL-Pi images for Raspbian Stretch. Please let me know how it goes!
RACHEL-Pi Image with Kolibri - rachel_pi_kolibri_10_30_18.7z6
RACHEL-Pi Image with Kolibri Instructions - ReadMe_Kolibri.pdf9
RACHEL-Pi Image - rachel_pi_10_18_18.7z20
RACHEL-Pi Image Instructions - ReadMe_Stretch.pdf8
- Download the image You want to use from the links above.
- Unzip it using 7zip. You can download 7zip at this link2.
- Flash the image to a MicroSD or USB storage device using a program like Etcher1,
- Place the device into your Raspberry Pi and turn it on.
- Please read the ReadMe file included with the image or at the links above for further instructions. There are some important new steps added for the Kolibri image as well as a fix for the issues around loading some Wikipedia modules.
- Kolibri channels should be installed through the Kolibri import process. Installing Kolibri channels through the RACHEL admin interface is not currently working.The Kolibri-Index module is working however.
- A fix for Wikipedia modules that were not previously loading has been added. Instructions are in the ReadMe files.
- The en-file_share module is not included now as it installs without error now through the Install tab. Thank you to the person that fixed that.
- KA-Lite is not included in the Kolibri image but KAOS modules will work.
|20||rachel_pi_10_18_18.7z - Google Drive google.com|
|9||ReadMe_Kolibri_image.pdf - Google Drive google.com|
|8||ReadMe_stretch.pdf - Google Drive google.com|
|6||rachel_pi_kolibri_10_30_18.7z - Google Drive google.com|
|3||Raspbian Stretch Install Script rachelfriends.org|
Download and Install - RACHEL Offline
All content modules can be downloaded from our module repository. Proceeds from all sales of RACHEL products go back to the non-profit World Possible that develops, supports, and installs RACHEL. You can also donate directly to World Possible.
We would like to thank Hackers for Charity for their ongoing work to help improve our platform, including their support for formalizing scripts to create your own RACHEL. For more detailed information about building your own RACHEL server, visit RACHEL Friends or discuss with our worldwide community of users on our forum!