Computer Refurbishing Tech
Follow a given assessment plan to help at an existing recycling center, potentially develop, and manage a computer refurbishing program / hub locally in conjunction with http://bridgela.org and Community Technology Center Network affiliates or other community center anywhere in California.
This position is both creative and rigorous by nature you need to think outside the box. We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a "get it done" spirit. To be successful, you will have solid solving problem skills.
- Help picking up hardware
- Identify and sort hardware
- Organize storage shelves
- Testing hardware
- Learn processes and check list
- Be safety minded
- Patience work with equipment
- Basic spoken and written English
- Desire to work with others
- Ability to lift 35lbs
Nice to have
- Experience in identifying community parts
- Additional languages
- A vehicle
- Strong analytical skills
What's great in the job?
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture
- No dumb managers, no stupid tools to use, no rigid working hours
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy
- Expand your knowledge of various computer hardware
- Create reports that will help our users on a daily basis
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company
Discover our products.
What We Offer
Each employee has a chance to see the impact of his work.
You can make a real contribution to the success of the company.
A part-time position
On-the-job training and choice of things to do.
A computer reuse and refurbishing manual
Eat & Drink