SoCaLinux mailing list archives
The plan for Friday is as foll [...]by
The plan for Friday is as follows:
* 11 rooms will be in use, including several that begin at 9am and 9:30am. Half of them are workshops, which will not be recorded.
* The current plan is to record B, DE, 101, 104, 105. We may record 107; that is under discussion.
* Starch and Matt and Kenneth will be in around 8:30am to check out the priority rooms, making sure to pay attention to the levels
for the 2nd mike. Lan will try to gete in by that time. The monitoring station should be staffed by 8:45am.
* Make sure to support the monitoring station for all the talks throughout the day.
* Other volunteers come in around 9am with many coming in late afternoon.
* Although we deployed all the rooms, we did not test all the rooms. This needs to be done, with a priority on the rooms that will be
* Field techs should circulate in conference center and ballrooms. Several of the tracks have very short times between talks, so there
could be issues with miking the speakers.
* Several of the volunteers are unavailable in the afternoon including Lan,who will out from 2pm-5:30pm.
* We will probably stay late again.
You can text me at 626-689-0786.
We will be in conference center, room 204. I recommend street parking, or checking Parkopedia for best parking options. If you want to be reimbursed, keep your receipt. Ilan handles reimbursements, so you would send it to him after SCALE.
Please make sure you are on the scale-av mailing list and/or on Slack.
- scale-av mailing list. Pre-SCALE communications. We monitor that mailing list during the conference for problem reports.
- Slack. We monitor that during the conference for problem reports. (We may need to invite you if you don't already have an account.)
- radio. Main way we communicate within our team and with other teams.
- email. I will communicate volunteer logistics via email, usually on a nightly basis so you know what the schedule is the next day.
3/6 (Sat) - 14 rooms in use. Keynote. Upscale at 8pm. Game Night 8pm-10pm.
3/7 (Sun) - 16 rooms in use. Keynote. Prep for teardown as soon as room is no longer used. We need th most volunteers around 4pm to 8pm to teardown, pack up, and take our equipment back to storage.
Let me know if you have questions.
A/V Volunteer Wrangler
scale-av minimalist webpage