SoCaLinux mailing list archives
The plan for Saturday is as fo [...]by
The plan for Saturday is as follows:
* The LPI Cert Exam is at 9am. Keynote is at 10am. Rest of the talks run from 11:30am to 7pm, with an hour for lunch and half hour between talks.
* We will need more staffing of the monitoring station from 11:30am to 7pm, as well as field techs to check on rooms on both the conference rooms (101 through 212) and the ballroom side (Ball A through Ball H)
* Many volunteers will be onsite by 9am. We will coordinate via the whiteboard if you are leaving to attend a talk or visit the exhibit hall.
* Field techs should circulate in conference center and ballrooms to check that the speakers can put on their mics and don't have an issue with the projector.
* Monitoring station should ensure that camera feeds are centered on speakers and report any sound and video issues.
* Availablee volunteers with computing devices are encouraged to use scale-av-cutter app that Vincent wrote to crowdsource start/end times and quality assessment of individual talks from the all-day room videos. Our goal is to finish crowdsourcing SCALE 17x by end of day so we can switch to working on crowdsourcing SCALE 18x
* UpScale is at 8pm. Game Night is 9pm-11:45pm.
You can text me at 626-689-0786.
We will be in conference center, room 204. I recommend street parking, or checking Parkopedia for best parking options. If you want to be reimbursed, keep your receipt. Ilan handles reimbursements, so you would send it to him after SCALE.
3/6 (Sat) - 14 rooms in use. Keynote. Upscale at 8pm. Game Night 8pm-10pm.
3/7 (Sun) - 16 rooms in use. Keynote. Prep for teardown as soon as room is no longer used. We need th most volunteers around 4pm to 8pm to teardown, pack up, and take our equipment back to storage.
Let me know if you have questions.
A/V Volunteer Wrangler
scale-av minimalist webpage